v 0.7.7 – Released 2015 – May – 10
- Oculus SDK 0.5.0.1 integration: direct-to-rift mode seems more stable now.
- Internet App bug fix due changes in Alexa services. Categories (and gardens) exists again.
- Internet App runs better in low memory machines.
- Stability bug fixes and some quality details.
v 0.7.6 – Released 2014 – December – 30
- Maps app is much improved
- Framerate is much improved (75 FPS on a mid machine)
- Memory consuption is much lower
- Loading routines works better.
- Texture quality is much better.
- Added contours of countries.
- Added countries’s names.
- Added POIS of main cities of the World (population > 60K)
- Added low altitude flying mode.
v 0.7.5 – Released 2014 – December – 10
- Oculus SDK 0.4.4 integration. The SDK is still buggy and not very stable for OpenGL applications. Try Direct mode first. If do not work well, try extended mode and choose the correct monitor from configuration dialog.
- Graphic Quality (Antialias) works again. Try with DK2. It’s very impressive.
- Added some Oculus Rift options to configuration dialog:
- Stability bug fixes and some quality details for the DK2 .
v 0.7.4 – Released 2014 – August – 12
- Oculus SDK 0.4.1 integration. Much more stable SDK means much more stable version. Direct mode should work in most cases.
- Collision library updated: enhanced precision and speed.
- Space key sets body yaw (useful for not good calibrated Rifts)
- Minor graphical changes to adapt apps to new FOVS.
- Minor changes in Help system.
v 0.7.3 – Released 2014 – July – 31
- User can choose the monitor to output video. Very useful to DK2 extend desktop mode.
v 0.7.2 – Released 2014 – July – 29
- Oculus SDK 0.4.0 integration
- DK1 & DK2 Compatible
v 0.7.1 – Released 2014 – July – 20
- Voice Control.
- Speech Synthesis (TTS – Text-to-speech).
V 0.7.0 – Released 2014 – June – 29
- New Internet App.
- Stability bug fixes.
V 0.6.6 – Released 2014 – April – 27
- Stability bug fix: crashes on some graphics cards.
- Stability bug fix: crashes when no sound card.
- Better rift integration.
- Demo Room: correct scale. Now the inmmersion level is much much better.
- The Gate main menu: some pretty floating particles…
This is the last maintenance release before next 0.7.0. This version will include a mayor feature.
V 0.6.5 – Released 2014 – February – 09
- Android Remote Controller support.
- A new window “Info, news & blog” was integrated on startup dialog.
- WASD keys was added to Photos App. (thank you for the request Khechari!)
- Shoot direction bug fix on ‘The Cave’
V 0.6.4 – Released 2014 – January – 28
This is a very recommended update for Oculus Rift users.
- Improved Rift integration using SDK predictive sensor routines. Now the inmmersion level is much much better.
- Rift Profiles support.
V 0.6.3 – Released 2014 – January – 26
- Better Oculus Rift Integration using latest SDK (0.2.5).
- Better latency for Oculus Rift sensor.
- Better prefs file handling: prefs, logs and help files are now created in USER_APP_DATA/TheGateVR folder.
- Better unexpected exception error handling.
V 0.6.1 – Released 2014 – January – 20